07 November 2005

Mark's Letter 07 Nov 2005

Dear Family

Yesterday we had stake conference here. that was great, they had several returned missionaries speak about the book of mormon. It was great. I'm not sure if you have heard about this (most of the people out here haven't) but Elder Ballard reciently issued a challenge to the members of the church to invite someone over to their home to hear the message of the restoration before Joseph Smith's birthday.(December 23) The stake President issued that challenge to the stake, that has made me excited, we have been working with a few members in our wart do do this, and now they got to hear it from the stake president.

They are going to try out something new in our mission and in a mission in arizona or somewhere around there. They want us to move into members homes, the thinking is that they will save a lot of money on rent. I haven't heard much of the details but I have heard that there would need to be a seprate entrance for the missionaries, and they need to have access to the kitchen. i'm not sure how they would work it, but we wouldn't be able to be in the house without a male member over the age of 18. they are starting to push us to do that, and i think some areas are getting moving in with members soon. It will be interesting, I will tell you when I hear more.

I'm not sure how much i told you about elder Jensen, but you asked how long he has been out. he has been out just over a year, he just got done training someone that came out with me, but i didn't know him too well, he was in a different MTC district. he is from sandy, Elder jensen is from the same stake that president hunt is from, so they knew each other before, but not well. he is the youngest of 7, and his parents left on a mission shortly after him and are in japan and will get back a little before him.

I still get to play the piano a little, but i haven't been playing as much as i was before. I have played a couple times for priesthood, and i have played for all of our district meetings (once a week with 3 companionships) and for most zone conferences and interviews (once about every 3 weeks) sometimes i have know before what i am playing and i can practice it. sometimes I know what i am playing when they announce what hymn is going to be played (that gets to be fun) sometimes i just play one hand because i am the only one that can play well enough to do that.

Just yesterday i was thinkin that it had been 4 months since I went into the MTC. the time goes by so quickly when all of the time that you have is filled doing something, it seams like i just got here.

i have thought of a few other christmas ideas. I am almost done reading Jesus the christ, and the end of the copy that i have skipps several pages in some spots and it repeats in some spots, i have 3 chapter 38's. i have borrowed my companions coppy but if i ever want to read it again it would be nice to have a copy with everything in it. I probably won't read it soon, but i thought i would tell you anyway. i also thought that some dark sweaters to wear that would look good with my suit would be nice as it is starting to get cold. My last companion said that he had been looking for a ski mask, one that covers up over your mouth and nose, but it isn't a hat, you pull it down. i thought that might be nice to have, but i wouldn't know where to find it. other than that i havent come up with much. I did get the halloween package, thank you that was great.

I don't have much more time to write, i love you all and i pray for you. I appreciat your prayers. one thing that someone told me that i thought was neet is he told his family to pray for those that he is teaching or will meet. I love you

Elder Lundberg

No comments: