19 June 2006

Letter from Mark 19 June 2006

Dear Family,

This week has been going good. It has started to get hot, saturday it was in the 90's and around 60% humidity. both my companion and i were sweating a ton. we have started to freeze waterbottles, and cary them around with us, that way we have cold water for a long time.

training is going good, it is frustrating at times, after going on exchanges he picked up that obedience isn't important. the missionary he was with was telling him all the rules that most missionaries don't follow, that made me mad. so some things have been hard to get him to do, or see the importance of, but overall it has been fun and a good expierience. training goes for 2 transfers, the first ends the 29th of this month, then i finish on the 10th of August, when one of us will be transfered, most likely me because i have been here longer.

Elder Hill, my last companion gave me his phone, but it is now starting to die, so i will probably take money out of my home account to buy a new phone sometime soon. I am also planning on sendin a package home today with that camera and some other things in it.

Yesterday i ws thinking how it had been one year since i gave my fairwell talk in church, time sure seems to fly, a couple weeks ago at interviews i was talking to an elder i came out with (elder anderson) and he said, pointing to Elder Griffiths "doesn't it seem like just yesterday se were in his position." It has been wierd being the companion that has been out longer. elder griffiths is only my 2nd companion that wasn't a missionary when "preach my gospel" came out.

I have been having a great time, and i am trying to work hard. thank you for all of your prayers and support, it really helps. I love you all.

Elder Lundberg

No comments: