17 July 2006

Letter from Mark 17 July 2006

Dear Family,

we have had good week. last sunday the bishop told us he wanted us to see as many less actives as we could this week. the result was 11 lessons to less-active members (that is a ton for this mission) and 22 lessons total, which is the highest number of lessons i have gotten in one week. it is also cool to see that we did that on an interviews week, so we lost most of thursday to meetings.

thanks for the hymn book. it has been great. I have started to play more now that i have it. i have missed sitting down and just playing the hymns.

Wednesday I went on overnight exchanges with Elder Johnston, the redhead that i came out with. It was cool to be ble to serve together for a day. I took him over to Bill Shephard's house ( the leader of the Strangite church.) when we got there they were just getting ready to eat dinner, so they invited us in for dinner. Elder Johnston asked for a book of the law, so he took us to their storage in the church and gave him one, while back there we saw a pile of books that he said that he had written on the teachings of James J. Strang. he gave both of us a copy of that book aswell. we were both way excited. he told us they started a website. their address is www.churchofjesuschristoflatterdaysaintsstrangite.com or .org.

later in the week we met Jehovah's Witnesses tracting and they gave us one of their sheets for a free book called "What does the bible really teach?" both my companion and I sent in for that. We were excited to order it.

Thursday was interviews. I talked to President hunt about how training was hard, and he told me that I was on of the trusted missionaries that he knew he could put anyone with and i would follow the rules, and that is why he put Elder griffiths with me. because he will work with me, but other missionaries may be swayed not to work if they would have trained him. It was a good talk, very comforting to me. He also told me that the stake had been slacking off, and has not found members for us to move in with yet, so he said thyey will try to extend the lease on the appartment for a month or two, or just get a new appartment. he wasn't very happy with the stake, they told him to cancil the lease, then they fell through on their part. I will let you know more when I find out where we will be staying.

Yesterday We went to the Hubsmith's house, a family in the ward, for dinner. they have a daughter in the singles ward that invited those elders (the assistants to the president) to dinner on sunday, because one of them was trained in this area. the other assistant, Elder Olson, Has the same Birthday as me. we to the family that about a week ago when we foundout that they were having the assistants over, then they invited us over and they said that would do a bithday dinner. when we got there they had superman stuff everywhere, they had a superman tablecloth, plates, masks, and for elder Olson and i they got Superman Life Cerial, a superman frisbee, a superman toothbrush (they said they looked for tooth paste, but couldn't find it,) an a few other things. It was Awesome. It was a fun dinner. It made may birthday away from home very enjoyable.

This weekend has been hot here as well. we haven't hit the 100's, but I'm sure the humidity is making up for that, we have hit the 90's a few times though.

Thankyou for all of your support, I appreciate your prayers, and i pray for you. I love you all

Elder Lundberg

No comments: