11 September 2006

Letter from Mark 11 Sep 2006

Dear Family,

Things have been going well this week. We talked to the Hobson's, the family that wants their 9 year old son baptized and we have decided that we are going to first work on getting them to church regularly, then when the time is right he will be baptized, but i told him I would rather have it done right, and have to miss it, than to see his son baptised when he isn't ready. It was a good visit.

Our Zone is getting together today and doing a zone Preparation day. I'm not sure what we are going to be doing, but it has been a while since we went to milwaukee for preparation day, so it should be fun.

It was wierd to talk to Brandon Hill, he has called me a few times, he said "you will never guess who i am talking to on the phone", then he said "your sister" and told me how he ended up doing that. i was surised

I have a package that i will be sending sometime, but i might not send it untill next week, when i will know if/where i am getting transfered.

We went on an exchange with a member that served in this area about 4 years ago. he took us to go find some less-active members that nobody knew anything about. we got lost a few times, and each time ended up in a small town called Little Prarie, it has about 50-100 people in it. each time we would start saying, this looks familiar, then we realized where we were. it was annoying, but funny.

Elder Mangum and i are getting a long great. It makes missionarywork so much easier when you and your companion get along. it makes it nice to not have to argue what needs to be done. the only thing that we fight over is the piano it is basically a race to the piano when we have free time. I found a John schmidt book at a music store, and have been teaching myself "All of Me" I am slowly getting it. I love playing the piano now, i find it is getting easier, at least the hymns are. I think i can play them al lot better now after focusing on those for the past while.

There is a family that is on the border of the Elkhorn ward and the Lake mills Ward. lake mills changed their meeting time to a time when the father could't make it (he is a manager of an old navy and works some sunday evenings) so they are going to start comming to elkhorn so they can come as a family. It was fun to see them again. they said that i looked taller and they think i have grown. i don't think i have, but now I want to try to fing a way to check it. I think it is just that they havn't seen me in a while.

Thank you for all that you do. I love you all.

Elder Lundberg

No comments: