25 September 2006

Letter from Mark 25 Sep 2006

Dear Family,

Well, as you probably guessed after getting the district leader letter, I got transfered. I am not in Platteville, which is right next to Prairie DU Chien. and as didstrict leader i am over just Here and Prairie du chien. I report numbers to the zone leaders on wednesdays, fridays, and sundays, and I am in charge of 4 district meeting each transfer(one every week except for interviews and zone conferance week) my first 4 companions were all district leader, so i'm comfortable with the responsabilities.

The Prairie Du chien elders are leaving prairie du chien the end of this week and are getting re-assigned to a new branch of about 20 members. the are sad to be leaving the branch, the mebers there are great, in that whole process i will pick up some of the prairie du chien area, which i am excited about.

\My companion is Elder Christensen, he is from the cottenwood heights area. IT has been fun, he knows Daniel Tanner, and Jesse Baldridge. he loves to sing and is a hard worker. We have been getting along great so far. he has been out for about 10 months now (as long as Elder Mangum, my last companion,) and there is a posibility that he could train here next transfer, and i could leave. It has been great to serve with a companion that will pull his own weight and is a hard worker. even though i got along great with elder Mangum he was a bit lazy. so i was still pulling a lot of the weight, which he recognised at the end and wes feeling stressed to have me leave because he didn't know anything about the area because i was doing it all. at least he learned.

I have loved Platteville so far, It is a branch of about 60-80 active members. I have been so excited to be serving back in a branch. even after 6 months in elkhorn there were still people i didn't know there, but in a branch you get to know everyone well. I have also been joking with other missionaries about being out for over 14 months and only having 2 districts. occasionaly someone will serve in the same district 2 times, but it isn't a real common event. now i am serving in my 2nd district for the 2nd time, I am loving it though. one missionary said i should request to go to the last area in the lake mills district. as fun as that would be, but i don't think it will happen.

I have worn my glasses for most of my mission, because i havent been able to keep contancts in for a long period of time with out my eyes going red, but recently they havent been bothering me too much and with contacts everyone has been telling me i look like i am 17. most of the ward members thought that i was a new missionary, and were surprised to hear i was senior. it was funny.

I have been getting excited for conferance. conferance as a missionary is great, it provides great teaching material, and is a great experiance for investigators. I have found that at things like conferance, as a missionary, it isn't just for me, but i go there for the people i am teaching as well. It is great to be a missionary and get the pespective of other peoples lives and wher they are at spiritually and helping them progress. It is interesting how a 20 year old can talk to people he has just met and have them open up everything about themselves, sometimes including things that the people won't even tell family members. It is a Remarkable learning experiance, and i think i finaly know why every young man is asked to serve a mission.

Thank you for all of your prayers and support, I am working hard and love you all.

Elder Lundberg

No comments: